Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 04/26/2016 08:46 PM, Josh berkus wrote:

>> I think the last version JD posted was much better.
>
> It was a much better description with *you* as the target audience, yes.
>   However, you are not very representative of the majority of our users.
>   My goal is to provide text which will make some sense to people who
> haven't paid any attention to PostgreSQL development since 9.5 was released.

I don't agree with this. The version you posted shows a rather
lackluster faith in our user base. Further, this is a *BETA* even if you
are correct that your wording is better, the people that are going to be
using/testing this version *ARE* the people who are going to research
and know what those features are.

Sincerely,

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564