Re: Top features in 9.6? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Top features in 9.6?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 2016/04/12 11:46, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Josh berkus (josh@agliodbs.com) wrote:
>> So, let's make a list.
>>
>> Mine:
>>
>> * parallel query (seqscan & aggregation)
>> * bloom filter supporting indexes
>>
>> The generic progress reporting framework is tempting, but seems hard to
>> explain as a marquee feature.  What else have we got?
>
> I like the progress reporting, we need to do that with a lot more stuff.
>
> postgres_fdw join pushdown is pretty huge.
>
> Relation extension speed improvements are pretty huge too.
>
> snapshot_too_old is quite important in some environments.
>
> Degree-based geometry funcs
> Phrase full text search
> jsonb_insert
> Index-only scans with partial indexes was improved
> synch_commit = 'remote_apply'

I think "No more full-table vacuums [1]" sounds like it could be mentioned
more prominently.  People are quite excited about it [2].

Thanks,
Amit

[1] http://rhaas.blogspot.jp/2016/03/no-more-full-table-vacuums.html
[2] https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11311208