Re: Should pgFoundry mentions be nuked from the wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: Should pgFoundry mentions be nuked from the wiki?
Date
List pgsql-www
On 22.03.2016 03:54, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 03/21/2016 06:57 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
>> When looking through the wiki, there are various mentions
>> of pgFoundry around.  They're not really pointing out that
>> it's extremely legacy/unwanted ;>, and to not put new projects
>> on there.
>>
>> Should we remove the references to it, or make them explicity
>> say something like "Do Not Use pgFoundry for new projects", or
>> <other suggestions welcome>? :)
>
> As far as I know, any active project has moved from pgFoundry. The best
> solution is to find where the new home is and update the links.

When I updated the links in docbot a while ago, for a number projects I
couldn't find more recent links. It probably means that the project is
dead, but the legacy information is nice to have.

Regards,

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group