Distinct tightly coupled with Agg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ankit Kumar Pandey
Subject Distinct tightly coupled with Agg
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I am looking at todo item (#1) Implement DISTINCT clause in window aggregates and while looking at code, I found distinct tightly coupled with Agg function. Looking at another todo item(#2) Do we really need so much duplicated code between Agg and WindowAgg?  I was wondering what is general stance on this? Is #2 per-requisite for #1?

If that is not case, I assume making distinct a standalone piece should be an option too?

Would be glad if someone should shed light on this. Thanks.

Regards,
Ankit