Re: psqsl -> remote db - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John D. Burger
Subject Re: psqsl -> remote db
Date
List pgsql-general
> I'm just trying to access a remote postgresql database on port 5432,
> which does not appear to be open on the remote computer.  I'm on a
> MacOSX and  cannot figure out for the life of me how to open up this
> port on the computer.

It's not clear what kind is the remote machine.  Is it a Mac?  If so,
and its firewall is on, you may need to open up port 5432.  If you have
physical access to that machine, you can do this in System Preferences
-> Sharing -> Firewall.  I can give more details if necessary.

- John D. Burger
   MITRE