Re: 9.6 -> 10.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh berkus
Subject Re: 9.6 -> 10.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 03/22/2016 10:18 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:.

> Most of that was committed *after* our discussion. It's definitely a
> very solid release now. (and I agree that was a somewhat weird feature
> credit in 9.4,but hey, we also got most of our json publicity for the
> one in 9.2, not the really useful one in 9.4. Our track record with
> these things isn't really the best..).

It's important to remember that PR strategy and engineering truth have
only a passing acquaintance.  While we don't want to promote vaporware,
we do sometimes soft-pedal our own features to our project's detriment.
In the current atomosphere of VC-funded hype, we'd do a bit better to
trumpet our accomplishements early and often.

Not that that has any effect on 10.0 vs. 9.6.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)