Re: Implementing a new Scripting Language - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: Implementing a new Scripting Language
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/27/2016 02:06 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:

> two-twenty-three, not thirty ;)),

Thanks. :)  On occasions in the past I have written it
correctly ... there is evidence in the archives ....

> we will be able to use Javascript
> through that via the Nashorn project,

Yes, that's an attraction for me, as the JSR-two-twenty-three
engine for JS is now typically already included with the JRE.
(Technically, I keep reading that there is no two-twenty-three
engine that *needs* to be included and it's totally up to the
JRE packager ... but there have actually been some JavaScript
snippets in PL/Java's build process since July 2014 and no one
has yet reported they broke the build.)

-Chap