Re: Implementing a new Scripting Language - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Igal @ Lucee.org
Subject Re: Implementing a new Scripting Language
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/27/2016 10:48 AM, Chapman Flack wrote:

> Ok, if your 233 support is already in beta, you'll get there
> before we do, but the paths should intersect eventually. :)

Actually, once your support for JSR-223 is implemented (it's
two-twenty-three, not thirty ;)), we will be able to use Javascript
through that via the Nashorn project, which seems like a better (at
least as a cross-platform) solution than V8 or Chakra.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/java/jf14-nashorn-2126515.html

Now that would be very exciting IMO!

Igal