Re: 9.5 Release press coverage - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 9.5 Release press coverage
Date
Re: 9.5 Release press coverage
Re: 9.5 Release press coverage
Re: 9.5 Release press coverage
List pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

Three companies offered PR help with the release: EDB, Equinux, and
Dalibo.  I know that other companies have paid PR staff, some of them
quite good ones.  So while I'm down with giving advice to the EDB folks
on being community-friendly, I'm really not happy with the amount of
shit they get from various members of the community every release,
especially from employees of companies who could have offered PR help
and didn't.

Renee did a terrific job getting the 9.5 release in front of analysts
and publications who don't return my calls; I would say that 60% of our
english-language press coverage is due to her team's efforts.

Yes, it's worth discussing "how can we do better next time".  But
EnterpriseDB is, as a company, a big contributor to the PostgreSQL
project, so please let's treat the EDB folks as contributors and stop
with the shit-fests.

--
Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS