Re: 9.5 Release press coverage - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 9.5 Release press coverage
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 01/11/2016 11:06 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Umair Shahid <umair.shahid@gmail.com> wrote:
>> While such an implication is certainly not fair, when a statement like
>> "Latest version from EnterpriseDB includes a focus on big data and the
>> enterprise with row-level security and BRIN indexing" is the opening line of
>> an article, good people who have done good work on the release but don't
>> work at EDB have all the right to be upset.
>
> You're right.

Half right.

Or I should say, this is completely off-topic and at this point a thread
of wasted time.

If people are upset with EDBs announcement, they should take it to EDB
not continue to beat this list to death.

The PR went out. It is over. The moderation was an accident. Humans
aren't perfect, stuff happens. Let's move on.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://the.postgres.company/  503-667-4564
If your social views are from the Silicon Valley or The Bay, please