Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/8/16 9:07 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Dunno about that.  While a CF manager doesn't necessarily have to have
> a commit bit, I think he/she probably does have to be someone who is known
> and respected on the -hackers list.  Otherwise, nagging to finish patches
> is likely to be ignored or even counterproductive.

IMHO that touches on the core issue here. JD and anyone else can offer
up all the resources under the sun, but *it's up to the community to
decide to use them*. In this specific case, if the community agrees that
someone that's not a code contributor will be the CFM for a specific CF
then I think it would work fine. Short of that, your observation might
be very accurate.

I feel a bit bad about some of the emails I've sent on this and related
topics because it feels hand-wavy, but I don't know what else to do. I
can promote these ideas that I think will be very helpful, but without a
strong consensus in the community that it's desirable any efforts will
probably fail.