From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [renee.deger@enterprisedb.com: [ANNOUNCE] EnterpriseDB Announces Improved Database Integration, Scalability and Data Analytics Productivity with Newly Released PostgreSQL 9.5]
Date
In response to [renee.deger@enterprisedb.com: [ANNOUNCE] EnterpriseDB Announces Improved Database Integration, Scalability and Data Analytics Productivity with Newly Released PostgreSQL 9.5]  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-www
On 01/08/2016 08:49 AM, David Fetter wrote:

> This does not look kosher.
>
> I see a separate announcement for 9.5 from PGDG, which is well and
> good, but this one just seems to privilege one of the PostgreSQL
> companies over others that contributed significantly to PostgreSQL
> 9.5.
>
> I don't see 2ndQuadrant, PostgresPro, etc., each making their own
> announcements, nor would it be appropriate for them to do so.  I don't
> see anything specific to EnterpriseDB in the sense of a separate
> product announcement for Advanced Server, for example.
>
> Do we have a policy on this?  Should we?

The wording is a "little" hokey but it does explicitly state:

"released by the Postgres community"

On the one hand it does continue their Machiavellian pursuit of making
all things PostgreSQL about EDB.

On the other, there are far more enterprises that are going to read a
release about PostgreSQL from EDB than PGDG.

I am unsure if the net profit for the community is a plus or minus on
this one. I am sure that any policy we have on the matter would be
ignored by EDB marketing, which is their right really.

Sincerely,

JD