From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [renee.deger@enterprisedb.com: [ANNOUNCE] EnterpriseDB Announces Improved Database Integration, Scalability and Data Analytics Productivity with Newly Released PostgreSQL 9.5]
Date
In response to [renee.deger@enterprisedb.com: [ANNOUNCE] EnterpriseDB Announces Improved Database Integration, Scalability and Data Analytics Productivity with Newly Released PostgreSQL 9.5]  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-www
David,

* David Fetter (david@fetter.org) wrote:
> This does not look kosher.

It wasn't.

> Do we have a policy on this?  Should we?

There is a -announce policy and this post shouldn't have been approved
under it.  The initial impression of the email was that it was some new
product announcement, not that it was an announcement of PGDG's release
of 9.5.

We're going to be much more careful in the future and we've notified
Renee that the email didn't follow policy and was approved by mistake,
and asked that she not send similar announcements again.

Unfortunately, we can't really take it back.

Thanks!

Stephen