Re: Charging for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan de Visser
Subject Re: Charging for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
[offtopic alert]

On 2016-01-06 12:46 PM, James Keener wrote:
How does one "start a new thread"?
'New Message' in your favourite email client. 'pgsql-general@postgresql.org' in the 'To' box.

I wasn't aware that changing the subject wouldn't be enough. I tried :/

Check the raw source of the message I replied to. There's 'In-Reply-To' and 'References' headers email clients use to thread messages.

GMail attempts to be smart by threading messages by subject. This is not only contrary to the spec, but potentially just as inconvenient, if you have messages with the same subject. I've had gmail thread messages from years apart because the subject was something like 'Hello'.

Jim

jan