Off topic - How to start a new thread - Mailing list pgsql-general

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Off topic - How to start a new thread
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 06 Jan 2016 12:46:08 -0500
James Keener <jim@jimkeener.com> wrote:
> How does one "start a new thread"? I wasn't aware that changing the
> subject wouldn't be enough. I tried :/

If you want to start a new thread don't reply to an existing one.  Even
if you change the subject it is still part of the old thread.  Most
email clients still recognize the connection to previous messages.

Instead, start a new message.  Hit the compose or write link (we can't
be more specific without knowing what email client you are using) and
start fresh.  Often you can click on the email address in the headers
of an existing message.  This is different than a reply.  For example,
here are some of the headers in your message.