Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/6/16 2:17 AM, Victor Yegorov wrote:
> Another very wanted change in the community is mentorship. Personally, I
> don't feel confident to ask endless questions I have when looking into
> the code, as I understand, that this might be a very basic (for
> PostgreSQL hackers) stuff. For me it'd be a great helper, if I could
> talk this over (via e-mail or any messenger) with experienced developer.
> Reminds me of what we do for the GSoC, where developers volunteer for
> mentoring students.
> Something similar would be handy in general, perhaps with a web
> interface similar to the CommitFest's one.

Please, ask your questions! The Postgres community really is one of the
most patient and helpful OSS communities out there, and there's plenty
of people that would be happy to explain things. Questions are also a
good way to show where things could possibly be better commented/documented.