Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=press.git;a=blob_plain;f=releases/9.5/translate/release.translate.txt;h=2f24f8fce19151e1e120ea5b9f2da007638400b1;hb=HEAD

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=press.git;a=blob;f=releases/9.5/translate/presskit95.html;h=459e4099787aa6ff24c0c5440a98637b63d2c3ec;hb=HEAD

>> on a quick look this seems to be based on an older version of the
>> presskit release template not the one that was fixed for the 9.4
>> release. Couple problems I did notice on a quick check:
>>
>> * images reference http://media.postgresql.org - those should point to
>> the correct location on www.postgresql.org
>
> Fixing ...

thanks - though I dont see it fixed in the repo yet?

>> * the wiki URLs are http but should be https
>
> Even for people without wiki accounts?

yes - the wiki is https-only for ages now.

> Anything else?

some further comments:

* not sure directly linking to the private/personal(?) server from bruce
is a good idea
* the presskit references the software catalogue with "Related and
Commercial Software" but the website actually uses the wording
"PostgreSQL-related interfaces, extensions and software ..."

Stefan