Re: pgadmin doesn't connect to server - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Colin Beckingham
Subject Re: pgadmin doesn't connect to server
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 12/24/2015 09:02 AM, Michael Eschweiler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using postgresql 9.3 on opensuse 13.2.
> Last time I used pgadmin is some weeks ago and all seemed to work fine.
> No I tried to start it, but I get the answer:
> Error connecting to the server: FATAL:  couldn't open file
> „base/12640/12391“ ... File or directory does not exist (or similar - I
> use a German localisation)
> I looked at ~/data/base and found that the directory 12640 exists, and
> there I found the files
> 12391_fsm
> 12391_vm
> Has anybody an idea, what I should do?
> Thanks in advance.
> Michael

First I guess is to check whether the issue has anything to do with
pgadmin at all.
Are you able to connect using the CLI such as:

~> psql
psql (9.4.5)
Type "help" for help.

Also dig into Yast, examine the status of the postgresql  service,
restart it and check that all ok.