Re: WIP: About CMake v2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 24-11-2015 13:35, YUriy Zhuravlev wrote:
> News about CMake:
> I built postgres, initdb, createdb, psql, pg_ctl using CMake.
> After make install you can run initdb after run postgres after createdb and
> use it by psql. Only for Linux now and realy bugy (and the code is very dirt)
> but it work!
> If someone wants to test or to help:
> https://github.com/stalkerg/postgres_cmake

I give it a try. Nice WIP. IMHO you should try to support cmake version
that are available in the stable releases. Looking at [1], I think the
best choice is 2.8.11 (because it will cover Red Hat based distros and
also Debian based ones). Are you using a new feature from 3.1? I mean,
it should be nice to cover old stable releases, if it is possible.

[1] https://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Life_Cycle_Considerations

--   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento