Re: pg_receivexlog: spurious error message connecting to 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marco Nenciarini
Subject Re: pg_receivexlog: spurious error message connecting to 9.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/11/15 07:35, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 10 November 2015 at 01:47, Marco Nenciarini
> <marco.nenciarini@2ndquadrant.it> wrote:
>
>> I've attached a little patch that removes the errors when connected to 9.3.
>
> Looks good to me. No point confusing users.
>
> The other callers of RunIdentifySystem are pg_basebackup and
> pg_receivelogical.
>
> pg_basebackup doesn't ask for the db_name (passes null).
>
> pg_receivelogical handles it being null already (and if it didn't,
> it'd die with or without this patch).
>
> pg_receivexlog expects it to be null and fails gracefully if it isn't.
>
> So this change just removes some pointless noise.

I've added it to the next commit fest to keep track of it. I've also set Craig as reviewer, as he has already sent a
reviewfor it (and it's a really simple patch).

Thanks,
Marco

--
Marco Nenciarini - 2ndQuadrant Italy