Re: Patch to install config/missing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Patch to install config/missing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/11/15 12:34 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I was thinking more of removing the "missing" script and associated logic
> entirely, rather than making PGXS a special case.  I think we should do
> our best to minimize differences between behaviors in core builds and
> PGXS builds, if only because we don't test the latter very much and
> might not notice problems there.

Well, about a year ago people were arguing for the opposite change in
the documentation build.  It used to default all the build tool
variables to programs that weren't there, and people got all confused
about that, so we stuck "missing" in there across the board.