Re: more re: possible pljava / pgjdbc / pgjdbc-ng code sharing - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: more re: possible pljava / pgjdbc / pgjdbc-ng code sharing
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 10/27/15 23:47, Chapman Flack wrote:

> https://github.com/tada/pljava/wiki/Thoughts-on-logging
> My reason for writing it *now* is not that I think it's necessarily the
> most interesting, important, or pressing area needing work. Instead, I've
> written it now because I think what I've proposed might need some
> discussion and refinement, so by putting it out there early, maybe some
> of that can happen in parallel with working on other important pressing
> parts.

It turns out to be more timely than I thought - PL/Pythonu is also
developing a patch (starting last month) to the same end.

http://postgresql.nabble.com/proposal-PL-Pythonu-function-ereport-td5869255.html

On their client side, psycopg2 already exposes a documented, supported
PostgreSQL-specific Diagnostics object.

http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/extensions.html#psycopg2.extensions.Diagnostics

-Chap