Re: Certification - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Certification
Date
Re: Certification
Re: Certification
Re: Certification
List pgsql-advocacy

That's also fine.  I just mean "not an @postgresql.org list".

>> Because some members of the community have a conflict of interest, I'm
>> not certain we can have a certification endorsed by "the whole community".
>
> Depends on what you call "endorsed". Nobody expects us to say this is the one
> and only.

I'm just saying that asking the EDB staff to endorse a certification
which competes with EDB's certification is not something I personally
would do.

>> I would be willing to review the test questions (and suggest some), as
>> well as reviewing overall coverage.
>
> Ok, thanks. BTW we're not talking questions here, but tasks to be performed.

Oh, does LF have the ability to administer that kind of test?  That
would be awesome.

>> However, the first question we should have with this is "what problem
>> are we solving?"
>>
>> That is, are the EnterpriseDB/SRA/etc. certifications not good enough?
>
> At the very least they are not vendor neutral.
>
>> to make money off PostgreSQL.  If there is a deficiency, we need to make
>> sure that an LF certification will address that specific deficiency.
>
> Again, by its very setup I think it solves the major problem.

You haven't said what that problem is?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.