Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 09/30/2015 02:16 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 09/30/2015 10:45 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> Frankly, an insistence on moving to some integrated solution is likely
>> to result in the adoption of nothing. And your "educating hackers who
>> don't understand" is more than a little patronizing. What makes you
>> think your experience in software development is better than others'?
>
> I wasn't being patronizing. I was stating a point. Is this discussion
> not educational (whether you agree with the points or not) or are you
> suggesting that somehow you already know everything?
>
> That, was patronizing.

Nonsense. There is a big difference between "stating a view" and
"educating people who don't understand." The latter implies that your
experience is to be preferred to theirs.

> I believe myself (and someone like Nasby) do have a better core
> understanding of development because development is more than some guy
> sitting in a den pushing out code. The community already recognizes
> this, that is why we have the facilities we do now. All I (and others)
> am suggesting is that we make the facilities we have now, work better.

Who exactly is "some guy sitting in a den pushing out code"? And if
that's not a patronizing put down I don't know what is. If you're
referring to me you couldn't be more wrong. I have been a development
director managing a couple of substantial teams, as well as having
worked in numerous commercial environments.

cheers

andrew