Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/30/2015 11:23 AM, Christopher Browne wrote:

> It's well and nice to think that an issue tracker resolves all of this,
> and, if we
> had tiny numbers of issues, we could doubtless construct a repository
> indicating so.  (Seems to me that the bit of "fan service" for GitHub's
> bug tracker fits into that perspective on things...)

CMD has over a 1000 customers. All of those that are active have a
Redmine tracker. Our current ticket count is over 70k. Without it, we
would never be able to service them correctly.

What you describe is not a tool problem, it is a people problem. That
exists regardless of the tool. The tool is designed to (in theory) make
the people problem, less.

In CMDs considerable experience while not only developing, consulting,
writing docs, maintain repos, and confidential information... it would
be impossible to achieve without Redmine at our core.

JD

(I am sure other tools provide the same level of service, it is just
what we use)