Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Torsten Zuehlsdorff
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 25.09.2015 10:04, Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:

>>> Is Github issues something we can run ourselves?
>>>
>>> If not, it's a proprietary system which has a proprietor whose
>>> existence even next month is not guaranteed, and whose interests are
>>> not guaranteed to align with ours into an indefinite future.
>>>
>>> In some very important sense, it does not matter what features a
>>> system has if it isn't one we can control.  At a minimum, this means
>>> we need to run it in its entirety on resources we control, and we need
>>> to be able to patch any piece of it on our own say-so.
>>
>> + 1
>>
>> Instead of Github maybe GitLab is a good choice. There is an open source
>> community edition you have the full control over. And it is used by more
>> than 100.000 organizations:
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GitLab
>
> Of course everyone has their own preferences. Just wanted to point you
> to roundup [1].

You're right. Though GitLab is not my own preference, but i'm currently
porting it to FreeBSD. ;) But it is a good choice if you like Github.

There is a greater list of tools to for source code hosting:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_source_code_hosting_facilities

Greetings,
Torsten