Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/23/2015 11:23 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Kam Lasater wrote:
>
>> I'd suggest: Github Issues, Pivotal Tracker or Redmine (probably in
>> that order). There are tens to hundreds of other great ones out there,
>> I'm sure one of them would also work.
>
> If you install debbugs and feed it from our lists, maybe enough of us
> would jump into the bandwagon enough to get it off the ground.  I'm
> unsure that it would work to maintain something that's too removed from
> the mailing lists.

There needs to be community buy in on this idea else it is just a waste
of resources. The hackers need say, "Hey... you know, all those other
projects may be on to something. Perhaps we should learn from them and
do better by our users." This is more than just an issue/bug tracker
discussion. It is a ideology shift.

Until that happens asking anyone to put resources into this idea is just
not worth it.

Sincerely,

JD