Re: BDR truncate and replication sets - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sylvain MARECHAL
Subject Re: BDR truncate and replication sets
Date
Re: BDR truncate and replication sets
List pgsql-general
Le 15/09/2015 18:56, Alvaro Herrera a écrit :
> Sylvain MARECHAL wrote:
>> [...] The exception is with TRUNCATE: In case it is called, data is removed on
>> both nodes.
>>
>> Is it a feature or a bug?
> I think it's an oversight.  Replication sets were added later than the
> TRUNCATE trigger, so the design for the latter does not consider the
> former as far as I know.
Ok. May I fill a bug report?
>> [...] Is there a workaround?
>> (deleting the truncate trigger seems to work, but I am sure it is safe to do
>> it)
> Well, the truncate trigger is there to replicate the truncate to other
> servers.  If you don't want truncate to be propagated, dropping the
> trigger is one way to achieve that effect.

Ok. That is what I will do.
In fact, having TRUNCATE do its job on all nodes is sometimes useful,
sometimes unwanted. So this workaround is perfect for me for the moment.

Thank you,
Sylvain