Re: WIP: Make timestamptz_out less slow. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: WIP: Make timestamptz_out less slow.
Date
Re: WIP: Make timestamptz_out less slow.  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/13/15 2:43 AM, David Rowley wrote:
> Are you worried about this because I've not focused on optimising float
> timestamps as much as int64 timestamps?  Are there many people compiling
> with float timestamps in the real world?

My $0.02: the default was changed some 5 years ago so FP time is
probably pretty rare now. I don't think it's worth a bunch of extra work
to speed them up.