Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015/08/26 18:01, Kouhei Kaigai wrote:
>>> You may think execution of alternative plan is the best way for EPQ rechecks,
>>> however, other folks may think their own implementation is the best for EPQ
>>> rechecks. I never argue which approach is better.
>>> What I point out is freedom/flexibility of implementation choice.

Maybe my explanation was not accurate, but I just want to know use
cases, to understand the need to provide the flexiblity.

> The only and significant point I repeatedly emphasized is, it is developer's
> choice thus it is important to provide options for developers.
> If they want, FDW developer can follow the manner of alternative plan
> execution for EPQ rechecks. I never deny your idea, but should be one of
> the options we can take.

I don't object about your idea either, but I have a concern about that;
it looks like that the more flexiblity we provide, the more the FDWs
implementing their own EPQ would be subject to an internal change in the
core.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita