Re: TAP tests are badly named - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: TAP tests are badly named
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 08/14/2015 03:32 AM, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 11:17:40AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> here's what I propose.
> This changes more than the tapcheck name and the suites it could run.  Would
> you write up the changes you chose to include?  That will help guide review.

I don't think it changes anything other than what was discussed. The
code is rearranged a little, and an incorrect piece of code setting
$ENV{PERL5LIB} is fixed (in the case where it was previously empty it
would have added a spurious ";" and possibly caused a warning as well).
Instead of looking everywhere in the tree for /t directories, the new
bincheck function only looks for them in src/bin. And the tests would
die on the first failure, as we would also expect the checks run under
"make" to do.

The effect is to remove the target "tapcheck" for which there is no
"make" equivalent, and replace it with the target "bincheck", which is
the equivalent of "make -C src/bin installcheck", which happens to be
what the buildfarm runs.

cheers

andrew