Re: TAP tests are badly named - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: TAP tests are badly named
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 08/13/2015 12:03 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> here's what I propose.
> This patch does not take into account that there may be other code
> paths than src/bin/ that may have TAP tests (see my pending patch to
> test pg_dump with extensions including dumpable relations for
> example). I guess that it is done on purpose, now what are we going to
> do about the following things:
> - for src/test/ssl, should we have a new target in vcregress? Like ssltest?
> - for the pending patch I just mentioned, what should we do then?
> Should we expect it to work under modulescheck?

Of course it takes it into account. What it does is let you add extra
checks easily. But I am not going to accept the divergence in
vcregress.pl from the way we run tests using the standard tools. Yes,
ssl tests should have a new target, as should any other new set of
tests. We don't have a single make target for tap tests and neither
should we in vcregress.pl.

cheers

andrew