Re: UPSERT on partition - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: UPSERT on partition
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-06-25 AM 09:51, Amit Langote wrote:

> Peter,
>
> On 2015-06-25 AM 02:35, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>>
>> Inheritance with triggers is a leaky abstraction, so this kind of
>> thing is always awkward. Still, UPSERT has full support for
>> *inheritance* -- that just doesn't help in this case.
>>

> Could you clarify as to what UPSERT's support for inheritance entails?

Oh, I see that this stuff has been discussed (-hackers) and written about
(wiki). I'll go read about it.

I agree with Fujii-san's concern that any UPSERT on partition limitations
given those of partitioning approach should be documented likewise, if not
under INSERT/UPSERT, then under partitioning; not really sure which.

Thanks,
Amit