Re: proposal: condition blocks in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: proposal: condition blocks in psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 06/28/2015 09:04 AM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

>> 2. The general difficulty of getting psql var values into a DO
>> block (currently I use temp tables).
>
> Maybe this means that DO should be extended in some way to allow for
> parameters, at least when PL/pgSQL is used?

I agree with this wholeheartedly. ISTM most of this thread is about
limitations of our current DO implementation, partially addressed by
adding a bunch of scripting commands, specific to psql. I don't think
that's the right solution.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/