Re: PostgreSQL to detect nuclear explosions - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stéphane Schildknecht
Subject Re: PostgreSQL to detect nuclear explosions
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 15/06/2015 11:58, damien clochard wrote:

> Le 14/06/2015 19:59, David Fetter a écrit :

>>> This may be a sensible topic for the Japanese audience..
>>
>> I'd think that preventing proliferation of nuclear weapons would be
>> near and dear to the hearts of people in Japan, which is the only
>> country thus far that has been attacked by another country with
>> nuclear weapons.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>

> While it's interesting to see PostgreSQL being used in the nuclear
> domain, I agree that it is not something worth promoting publicly.
>
> From a French perspective, the whole nuclear industry is nothing to be
> proud of. (...)

Surprisingly, the author entitled the article "PostgreSQL to detect nuclear
explosions". But, the CEA is currently working on detecting and storing earth
movement (earthquakes for instance).

I don't understand what this political and anti-nuclear thread is doing here.

--
Stéphane Schildknecht
Contact régional PostgreSQL pour l'Europe francophone