Re: 9.5 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: 9.5 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 06/11/15 06:15, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the 9.5 release notes.  You can view
> the output here:
>
>     http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-9-5.html
>
> and it will eventually appear here:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release.html
>
> I am ready to make suggested adjustments, though I am traveling for
> conferences for the next ten days so there might a delay in my replies.

I wonder whether this point:

* Improve hash creation performance (Tomas Vondra, Teodor Sigaev, Tom  Lane)

is really about and 45f6240a, 8cce08f1 and 30d7ae3c. I can't remember or
find other hash-related patches I've been working on.

If that's the case, it really is not about hash creation performance
(except maybe partially the first commit), but about the lookup
performance on the hash table. So it should rather be 'improve hash-join
performance'.

Also, I think the list of authors is wrong. Robert Haas did a lot of
work on those patches, so he should be mentioned there, and I don't
remember Teodor working on this.

But maybe I was working on another patch and managed to forget about it.