Re: Wanted: new project slogan - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Rodger Donaldson
Subject Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, January 29, 2010 08:30, Diogo Biazus wrote:
> I like the old mozilla approach of "Reclaim your inbox" as a thunderbird
> slogan.
> I think that we could use something similar like:
> PostgreSQL: Reclaim your database.
> PostgreSQL: Regain control of your data.
> PostgreSQL: Take your data wherever you want to go.
>
> I think it synthesizes the notion of being in control of data and having
> a flexible development plataform, something that was previously
> mentioned in this thread.

This seems a particularly good angle, given that I can't be the only
person looking at Sunacle and being concerned that I don't want my choice
of database to be used as leverage to dictate my choice of server, SAN,
operating system, and app server.