Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/04/2015 10:34 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Except, that is kind of the point. Why are we adding to it?
>
> If you don't know the answer to that question already, then you
> probably shouldn't be proposing to get rid of the thing.

I know the answer some people are saying. That doesn't mean it is the
correct answer, that I agree with it or that it is a good answer.

> I think it's because there are some things we want to include in the
> core distribution without baking them irrevocably into the server.

I have mentioned before isn't really what this discussion is about.
Stephen Frost and I even went through the entire list of modules of what
should and should not be included.

> Which, IMV, is 100% reasonable.

Nobody is arguing with that.

Sincerely,