Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/29/15 5:28 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> could expect that anyone committing a user-visible semantics change should
>> >update the release notes themselves.
> Yes, that would be nice.

FWIW, I've always wondered why we don't create an empty next-version
release notes as part of stamping a major release and expect patch
authors to add to it. I realize that likely creates merge conflicts, but
that seems less work than doing it all at the end. (Or maybe each patch
just creates a file and the final process is pulling all the files
together.)