Re: Sourceforge - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ned Lilly
Subject Re: Sourceforge
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 5/28/2015 1:20 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
On 05/28/2015 10:11 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
On 05/28/2015 10:06 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
All,

Based on this:

https://lwn.net/Articles/646118/

... it would be great if someone could check on the various mirrors of
PostgreSQL packages on Sourceforge, and make sure that (a) someone from
our project still owns them, and (b) they're still offering actual
Postgres downloads.

Overall, I would suggest that we probably want to disable all Postgres
content mirrors on Sourceforge.  We don't really have the spare time to
maintain them, and this incident shows that that's a bad situation.
According to SF, this donkey has left the field:

PostgreSQL
A powerful, open source object-relational database system.
Brought to you by: sf-editor, sf-editor1, sf-editor3
Thanks.

They do seem to be maintaining up-to-date downloads.  Can someone on
Windows check to see if they're distributing adware?

I just did a fresh install of 9.4.2 on Windows 8.  Looked like just the standard EnterpriseDB packaging to me, gives you the option of doing the StackBuilder add-ons when complete.

As an aside, though, it doesn't appear that this is where most people are getting their PostgreSQL:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/postgresql.mirror/files/stats/timeline

Cheers,
Ned

--
Ned Lilly
President and CEO

ned@xTuple.com // +1-757-461-3022 x101
Master your supply chain with xTuple.com – World’s #1 open source ERP
Manufacturing – Distribution – eCommerce

Tell us how we’re doing: Customer Satisfaction Survey

Attachment