Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/18/2015 01:18 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> So I think we should use the + operator to distance this from the
> hstore concatenate operator, which *is* widely understood to be mostly
> useful for "nested assignment".

Having trouble scanning this. Since hstore isn't nested what the heck
does "nested assignment" mean w.r.t. hstore?

In any case, it seems clear from other posters that your perceptions and
expectations are not universally held.

cheers

andrew