Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Assembling "top features" list for beta announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Assembling "top features" list for beta announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 7 Apr 2017, at 17:39, Josh Berkus <josh@berkus.org> wrote:
> Folks:
>
> While 10 isn't 100% baked yet, I'd like to get started sorting out what
> our "top 2-4" features for the beta announcement are going to be.
> Traditionally, we've mentioned two to four features in detail, together
> with a bullet list of other significant features.  With the help of PVH,
> here's what I have so far:
>
> Banner features:
>
> - pglogical logical replication
> - table partitions in core
>
> Significant features:
>
> - XMLTABLE query expressions
> - hash indexes in wal
> - PGFDW: push down aggregates
>
> It looks like quorum sync rep won't make it, correct?
>
> Notable note: pg_xlog => pg_wal
>
> So .., please add to the above lists.  Thanks!

Would any of these be suitable for using "pretty graphics" with?

  eg for illustrating potential change in query time/database load/etc

Purely for making things easier for readers to grok that is. :)

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi