Re: OS X Install - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: OS X Install
Date
List pgsql-general
On Oct 16, 2004, at 5:56 PM, Monte Milanuk wrote:

> I read the post above about deleting the group info as well; that
> allowed me to create a user 'postgres' via the Account Manager.
> Figure I'll have to twiddle the home dir and shell and whatnot via
> NetInfo. How do I make that user not visible in the login selection?
> Should I delete the user 'postgres' in the Account Manager and
> re-create him w/ the necessary parameters (shell, home dir, password)
> from the Terminal?

I think that would be the easiest approach (delete the account and
recreate it from the command line). Hopefully this will give you a
setup similar to the original one if you don't want postgres in the
login menu. Once you have it in NetInfo, you can set it up like the
other invisible users.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/