Re: pgadmin3 installation on Oracle Linux 6.6 64-bit ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: pgadmin3 installation on Oracle Linux 6.6 64-bit ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/29/2015 1:39 AM, Yuri Budilov wrote:
> my employer runs Oracle Linux 6.x and also Red Hat 6.x, so if we were
> to drop Oracle database and take PostgreSQL instead, I am afraid,
> everything must work on those two Linux platforms.
> We pay for support from Oracle and Red Hat for Linux OS.

its installing on redhat isn't it ?  might be worth opening a ticket
with Oracle to find out why its not working on their system, then.

> On the client OS we use Windows 7 64-bit so the PostgreSQL tools and
> all drivers (JDBC, .NET, etc) need to also work on Windows as well as
> on Linux.
>
> If this is not available and we need to switch to Centos or another
> flavour of Linux, I am afraid, PostgreSQL is dead in the water, it
> wont even get a look in.

well, these were the only RPMs' it took to install pgadmin3 for postgres
9.2 on my EL 6.6 system... so I dunno why Oracle Linux is not working.

     SDL-1.2.14-3.el6.x86_64.rpm
     libXxf86vm-1.1.3-2.1.el6.x86_64.rpm
     pgadmin3_92-1.18.1-2.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
     wxBase-2.8.12-1.el6.centos.x86_64.rpm
     wxGTK-2.8.12-1.el6.centos.x86_64.rpm

I just ran the install for 9.4 and other than the actual pgadmin3 rpm,
the rest of the dependencies are the same.

--
john, recycling bits in santa cruz