20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From damien clochard
Subject 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?
Date
Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?
List pgsql-advocacy
Determining the birth date of an open source project is a open debate.
However in our case, I think we can consider the first official
open-source release which is 1995-05-01

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/release-0-01.html

Btw I find it funny that PostgreSQL 9.5 will be released 20 years after
Postgres95 :)

This sounds to me like a nice opportunity to organize bithday parties
everywhere :) If we want to organize a joint effort to celebrate this, I
think we could build a small birthday team to federate local initiatives.

For instance :

- contact all PUGs and local association and try to get them involved
- contact all PG and FLOSS conferences and try to get them involved as well
- define a "celebration week" and let each local user group choose the
best date inside that week
- organize the "celebration week" in september-october, to be closer to
the release of PostgreSQL 9.5... Btw May 1st is really near and it's
certainly not a good choice in many countries.
- define a common logo, a common hasthag and maybe a website

--
damien