Re: CPU bound - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: CPU bound
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Dec 20, 2010, at 12:47 AM, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> Good time accounting is the most compelling reason for having a wait event interface, like Oracle. Without the wait
eventinterface, one cannot really tell where the time is spent, at least not without profiling the database code, which
isnot an option for a production database.

Out of curiosity, have you tried using the information that Postgres exposes to dtrace? I suspect it comes close to
whatyou can get directly out of Oracle...
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net