Re: What do we need for new PUGs? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: What do we need for new PUGs?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

I think the original requirements are pretty spot on, basically a way to
communicate, meetup (g+ events) and have a general community area. I
know I argued for easier mailing lists over on -www but as I think about
it more, I start to wonder if .Org should just stay out of it.

What I mean is, for .EU and .US, there are non-profits that can deal
with it, and for intl communities that don't have a non-profit then that
is where .Org steps in.

At least from .US perspective we already have Gapps and G+ capability.
That gives us everything meetup gives us (and more) for free. I can't
speak for .EU but I am fairly certain that .US wouldn't mind stepping up
to the plate (more) for the .US user groups. Heck the majority are
already affiliated with .US anyway.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc

Now I get it: your service is designed for a customer
base that grew up with Facebook, watches Japanese seizure
robot anime, and has the attention span of a gnat.
I'm not that user., "Tyler Riddle"