Re: logical column ordering - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: logical column ordering
Date
Re: logical column ordering  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/26/2015 01:54 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> This patch decouples these three things so that they
> can changed freely -- but provides no user interface to do so.  I think
> that trying to only decouple the thing we currently have in two pieces,
> and then have a subsequent patch to decouple again, is additional
> conceptual complexity for no gain.

Oh, I didn't realize there weren't commands to change the LCO.  Without
at least SQL syntax for LCO, I don't see why we'd take it; this sounds
more like a WIP patch.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.