Re: A typo in backend/replication/README - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: A typo in backend/replication/README
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/24/2015 12:02 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> Hi, I found a trivial typo in backend/replication/README
>
> | Walreceiver IPC
> | ---------------
> |
> | When the WAL replay in startup process has reached the end of archived WAL,
> | recoverable using recovery_command, it starts up the walreceiver process
>
> I think the recovery_command should be restore_command. This was
> introduced at 9.0dev and all of REL9_x_STABLE contain this. I
> don't know how "recoverable using restore_command" looks wired,
> but I changed the sentsnce to fit the parameter name.

Thanks, fixed.

> Likewise, the release note for 8.3.2 at HEAD@master contains the
> similar typo. The typo originates in 8.4dev and back patched to
> 8.3.2 but I suspect that the all branches originates from 8.4dev
> need to be fixed.

Not sure we care much about release notes for old no-longer-supported
versions, but I guess it would be good to fix this just in case someone
searches the release notes for "restore_command". So committed that too.

This seems to be a common typo to make. In addition to those two, there
were several references to "recovery_command" in the git commit messages.

- Heikki