Re: Server statistics monitoring? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Server statistics monitoring?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/29/2015 2:12 PM, Israel Brewster wrote:
> I'm working on setting up a new PostgreSQL database server, and would
> like to be able to monitor a number of statistics on it, such as:
>
> number of connections
> number of queries
> query times
> etc.
>
> All these stats are easily available, either from the
> pg_stat_statements view (which I have enabled) and the like, or the
> log file (turn on log connects/disconnects), and I figured there would
> be a plethora of options available for monitoring these things.
> However, in searching around so far all I've found are a couple of
> hosted solutions. Granted, they look fairly nice, but we'd much prefer
> to keep this in-house.  Paid solutions are fine, as long as the cost
> is reasonable, but we do want full-control. Before I spend my time
> writing my own solution, is there anything out there that can make
> nice graphs of various postgresql metrics?

I would use Munin, along with the check_postgres.pl script from the
Bucardo project.   check_postgres was developed for Nagios, but is quite
easy to use with Munin.  you can monitor as many things as you like, the
script has some great options like pre table bloat.